- What to look out for in a pizza dough bread maker
- The Best Bread Maker for Pizza Dough: My Top 10
- What is your favorite pizza dough maker?
Are you a pizza lover? That’s a stupid question, of course you are! I am yet to meet someone who doesn’t enjoy a slice of the good stuff.
If you’re a pizza perfectionist, I’m sure I don’t need to tell you that the dough base is essential to a great pie. There are various different ways you can make pizza dough, however, if you want a hassle-free option then you will need to enlist the help of an appliance or two.
Of course, you could call upon your trusty stand mixer but if you want a totally hands-free option, then a bread machine is the perfect tool for the job.
Bread makers have become a popular appliance for avid bakers who want hassle-free bread on demand. Don’t be fooled into thinking they are just reserved for making bread loaves though. One of the things I love most about my bread machine is that it doesn’t just make a delicious loaf of bread. Bread makers are capable of making an amazing variety of dough-based goodies, pizza dough included.
Some machines have pre-programmed settings for making pizza dough, while others can make pizza dough in the ‘dough only’ cycle.
If you are a pizza lover and are tired of getting the mediocre ones from the freezer section in the grocery store, or paying a fortune at your local pizza parlour, then a bread machine might be the perfect machine for you. I can’t state enough how much of a game-changer these bad boys are.
That said, with all of the different options on the market, it can be tough to decide which one is right for you. So, what’s the best bread maker for pizza dough available in 2022?
Let’s find out!
Want The Quick Comparison?
Here are a few of the best bread makers for pizza dough I think you’ll love!
|TopTop||Cuisinart CBK-200 Convection Bread Maker||2lb||3 Years||Check Price|
|Top||Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus||2lb||1 Year||Check Price|
|Top||Breville Custom Loaf Bread Maker||2.5lb||1 Year||Check Price|
|Top||Oster Expressbake Breadmaker||2lb||1 Year||Check Price|
|Top||Breadman 2 lb Professional Bread Maker||2lb||2 Years||Check Price|
|Top||West Bend Hi-Rise Bread Maker||3lb||1 Year||Check Price|
|Top||Cuisinart Bread Maker New Compact Automatic||2lb||3 Years||Check Price|
|Top||KITCHENARM 29-in-1 SMART Bread Machine||2lb||2 Years||Check Price|
|Top||Hamilton Beach Bread Maker Machine||2lb||1 Year||Check Price|
|Top||KBS 17-in-1 Bread Maker-Dual Heaters||2.2lb||-||Check Price|
What to look out for in a pizza dough bread maker
If your main use of a bread maker is to make pizza dough, then you will want to find a machine that has a ‘pizza dough’ or a ‘dough-only’ cycle. You won’t have any difficulty finding a machine with a dough-only cycle as I have yet to come across a bread maker that doesn’t have a dough-only setting.
Pizza dough requires some time to rise and develop, so you’ll want to look for a machine with a timer. This way, you can set it and forget it. The last thing you want is for your dough to over-rise or become tough.
Another important factor to consider is the capacity of the bread maker. If you plan on making large batches of dough, or multiple pizzas at once, make sure to get a machine that can handle it. You don’t want to be stuck with a machine that’s too small and can’t make enough dough for your needs.
If you end up adding too many ingredients to a small bread maker, you run the risk of the dough overflowing in the bread machine as it’s rising. You can find a large bread machine with a capacity of up to 3.5lb.
It is also worth noting that a bread machine does not make the actual pizza. You will still need an oven to cook the pizza. The bread machine simply makes the dough. If you take your pizza seriously then you will want to invest in an Ooni Pizza Oven.
Now that we know what to look for in a bread maker, let’s take a look at some of the best options on the market.
The Best Bread Maker for Pizza Dough: My Top 10
- Various healthy course settings include Multigrain, Whole Wheat, Rapid Whole Wheat, Gluten Free, Salt Free, Sugar Free and Vegan.
- Double Kneading Blades thoroughly knead dough for superior results; Dual heaters on the bottom and lid of the bread maker promote even baking and browning.
- Rapid courses allow you to bake a loaf of white or whole wheat bread in just 2 hours and 25 minutes.
The Zojirushi BB-CEC20 is a brilliant choice for those looking for a bread maker that can make pizza dough. This machine has a ‘dough only’ cycle with a timer, so you can easily make your pizza dough without having to worry about it. It also has a capacity of up to 2.5lb so can make 2 large pizzas or 3 smaller ones.
Aside from being great at making pizza, the Zojirushi Virtuoso Plus has plenty of other great features. It has a 13-hour delay timer, so you can have your dough ready to go when you are. It also has an automatic keep-warm function that will keep your dough warm until you’re ready to use it.
The dual heaters, one at the top and one at the bottom ensure that the machine creates the optimal environment for the pizza dough to rise in. I am also a big fan of the dual paddle design which ensures that your pizza dough is kneaded perfectly without leaving any ingredient untouched.
Perhaps the biggest downside to the Zojirushi is that it’s not exactly a budget bread maker, although I strongly believe this machine is worth the investment.
- Automatic fruit and nut dispenser releases ingredients during the knead phase to garuntee an even incorporation.
- The collapsible kneading paddle collapses before bake phase to minimize the hole at the base of the loaf.
- Smart lcd screen with progress indicator displaying 13 automatic settings, 3 crust colors, and 4 loaf sizes.
The Breville BBM800XL is another high-end bread maker, and could very well be the best bread maker for pizza dough currently available.
This machine has 17 pre-programmed menu options, including a gluten-free cycle and a whole wheat cycle. It also has an automatic fruit and nut dispenser that adds ingredients at the right time.
The Breville also has a crust control function that lets you choose light, medium or dark crusts and a dough only cycle for those just looking to make pizza dough.
Take a look at my Breville BBM800XL review if you are interested to find out more about this great machine.
- 12 bread settings and 3 crust settings for making a variety of breads, dough, and jams.
- Expressbake setting bakes bread in under an hour.
- 13 hour programmable baking timer for fresh bread anytime.
The Oster CKSTBR9050 is another great option for those looking for a bread maker specifically for pizza dough. This machine also has a ‘dough only’ cycle with a capacity of up to 2lb. Like the Zojirushi, this is large enough to make a few pizzas.
The Oster isn’t just a great bread maker for pizza dough, it is a great all-rounder budget-friendly bread machine that is capable of making a variety of different types of loaves. The best feature is the express bake. This machine had knead, rise and bake a loaf of bread in just under one hour! So if you are ever short on time and need a loaf ASAP, the Oster can get it done.
Additionally, it has a 13 hour delayed timer so you can have your pizza dough ready for the exact time you need it, 3 crust settings for when you make bread and 12 settings, including whole wheat and jam.
This machine is also very compact and sits vertically, so it is easy to store in your cupboard or in your kitchen
- 16 preprogrammed menu options, 3 crust colors, and 3 loaf sizes offer over 100 bread, dough/pizza dough, sweet cake and jam combinations.
- Unique convection design circulates air for superior crust color, and texture.
- Audible tone indicates time to add fruit, nuts and other mix-ins. Second tone offers option of removing paddle before baking, or removing unbaked dough to shape by hand.
- Additional Options: 15-minute Pause, Bake-Only option, 12-Hour-Delay Start, Timer and Power Failure Backup.
- Limited 3-year warranty.
The Cuisinart CBK-200FR is another great option for those looking for a bread maker that can make pizza dough.
It has 16 preprogrammed menu options, so you can make all sorts of different types of breads and doughs. It also has an audible tone that indicates when you need to add fruit or nuts, and a second tone that offers the option of removing the paddle before baking so it doesn’t leave a hole at the bottom.
In terms of making pizza, there is a specific pizza dough setting that you can choose, so you’ll know that it is built for making the best pizza dough.
The Cuisinart also has a unique convection feature that circulates air for superior crust color and texture. Additionally, it has a 15 minute pause function, a bake only, a 12 hour delayed timer and a power failure backup.
- Collapsible Kneading Paddle - The smartly designed kneading paddle collapses before baking to prevent holes in the bottom of loaves.
- Perfect Bake Technology - Engineered to bake evenly for a uniform crust color, consistent texture.
- 14 Baking Functions - Simply select the type of bread you wish to make and how light or dark you want it. This machine includes controls for gluten-free, low-carb, and artisan bread.
The Breadman BK10550S is another great option for those looking to make pizza dough. It doesn’t have a pizza-specific cycle, but the dough-only cycle is ideal for making delicious pizza dough.
It has a capacity of up to two pounds and 14 preprogrammed menu options. Like the Breville, it too has an automatic fruit and nut dispenser that adds ingredients at the optimal time, and a crust control function that lets you choose light, medium or dark crusts.
In addition to pizza dough, this machine can also make pasta dough, whole wheat bread and gluten-free bread. The 15 hour delayed timer allows you to plan your pizza dough ahead of time and the 1 hour keep-warm function will keep the dough warm.
What makes this machine stand out from the rest is the collapsible paddle. Although this feature doesn’t mean much for pizza dough, it comes in very handy if you make bread in your Breadman. The collapsible paddle minimizes the hole at the bottom of the loaf.
West Bend Hi-Rise
- Dual knead blades provide thorough kneading for a lighter taste and a higher rise.
- 12 digital settings include Basic, Wheat, French, Sweet, Dough, Gluten-Free, and Custom.
- Custom Setting is perfect for the baker who is already familiar with bread maker baking. Fully customize your settings for the perfect loaf of bread.
The West Bend Hi-Rise is another great budget-friendly option for those looking to make pizza dough.
This machine has a capacity of up to 3 pounds and 12 pre-programmed menu options. 3 pounds is a lot of pizza dough! It also has a crust control function that lets you choose light, medium or dark crusts and a dough-only cycle perfect for pizza.
Aside from pizza dough, it can make pasta dough, bagels, whole wheat bread and even gluten-free bread.
Cuisinart Compact Automatic
- 12 preprogrammed menu options - fully automatic, easy to use
- 3 crust shades - light, medium, or dark & bakes up to a 2 pound loaf.
- Vertical baking pan for counter-friendly compact design - removable kneading paddle and bread pan.
- Lid with viewing window to monitor the process - interior light to check bread as it bakes.
The Cuisinart Compact Automatic is similar to the previous Cuisinart bread maker we saw but it is a lot more compact and saves a lot more space in your kitchen.
It has a capacity of up to 2 pound loaves and 12 pre-programmed menu options. Like most bread makers out there, it has a dough-only cycle for those just looking to make pizza dough.
In addition, the Cuisinart Compact Automatic has a viewing window so you can watch your dough being made and an interior light that lets you check on it as it rises.
It also comes with a 13 hour delay start timer, so you can plan your pizza dough ahead of time.
- Perfect for newbies and pros - 29 Automatic Programs include 21 Bread Menus (Basic White, Sweet, French, Whole Wheat, Rye, Keto, Gluten Free, Sourdough..), 7 Non Bread Menus (Cake, Jam, Yogurt, Dough..), and a fully customizable cycle-level programming for almost any recipe.
- 1-click Bread Making - All your settings are saved for the next use, including Menu / Loaf Size / Crust Color for a preset menu.
- Customizable Cycle-level programming - Create your own variants and use the cycle-level programming to specify each bread-making cycle time (KNEAD, REST, RISE, BAKE..) to fully adapt the machine to your own recipes.
The KitchenArm 29-in- is a great machine for those just starting out in the bread-making world.
It has a capacity of up to two pounds and has an incredible 29 preprogrammed menu options, including a dough cycle. Considering how cheap this bread maker is, with 29 different cycles, this machine offers way more than what you’ll ever get from a high-end bread maker.
Aside from pizza dough, it can make whole wheat bread, gluten-free bread, cakes, jam, and even yogurt.
The KitchenArm also has a viewing window so you can watch your dough being made.
As with most bread machines out there, the KitchenArm has a 15 hour delayed timer which is ideal if you want to prepare your pizza dough ahead of time.
KBS 17 in 1 Bread Maker
- 2 LB Capacity & 17 Preprogrammed Menus - KBS Bread Maker has 17 fully automatic programs to choose from Gluten Free, Whole Wheat, White, Sourdough, Basic, Quick , Sweet, French, Low Carb bread etc, also includes pizza dough, yogurt, Cake, Jam, Bake-Only option.
- Dual Heaters & Non-stick Ceramic Pan - 360° dual heaters on the bottom and top of the baking pan that promote even baking and browning, accurately sensing the temperature of the cavity and intelligently regulate the baking process. Removable Non-stick Ceramic Pan is designed to make the bread evenly baked ,BPA-Teflon-PTFE Free healthier and easy cleaning.
- Intelligent Fruit and Nut Dispenser - The detachable fruit nut dispenser automatically releases the ingredients automatically at the optimum time.
- Touch Panel Control & 15H Timer, 1H Automatic Warm-keeping Function
The KBS 17 in- is a mid-priced bread maker that offers some great features and is not only great for making pizza dough, but it’s great for making sourdough bread, milk bread and even sugar-free bread.
This machine has a capacity of up to two pounds and comes with an impressive 17 preprogrammed menu options, including a raw dough cycle. The KBS also has a viewing window so you can watch your dough being made.
The KBS has a 15 hour delayed timer and a 1 hour keep warm function.
Additional features include an intuitive touch panel, a fruit and nut dispenser and a non-stick ceramic bread pan.
Hamilton Beach Bread Maker
- Prepare healthy loaves of bread without preservatives or trans fat using this Hamilton Beach breadmaker.
- Make dough, bake cake, or make delicious mouth-watering loaves of fresh baked bread. Cycles include basic, French, gluten-free, quick bread (no yeast), dough, jam, cake, whole grain and bake.
- GREAT FOR DOUGH PREP: Prepare a variety of yeast doughs in the breadmaker machine for dinner rolls, pizza crusts, cinnamon buns and more, then bake in a conventional oven.
The Hamilton Beach bread maker is a high-end bread machine that offers everything you could ever want in a bread maker.
It has a capacity of 2 pounds and comes with 12 preprogrammed menu options, including a dough-only cycle. The Hamilton Beach also has a crust control function that lets you choose light, medium or dark crusts and a viewing window so you can watch your dough being made.
As with many modern bread makers, the Hamilton Beach has a delay start timer and a keep warm function that will keep your bread warm for up to 1 hour.
Another great feature is the express bake cycle. If you are in a rush, you can make bread in just under one hour, just like the Oster!
What is your favorite pizza dough maker?
There are a lot of great bread makers on the market that are perfect for making pizza dough. Most machines out there offer a dough-only option, so you won’t have any issue making pizza regardless of which bread maker you go for.
I have highlighted a range of budget-friendly to high-end to give you more options. Whether you are looking for a budget-friendly option or a high-end machine with all the bells and whistles, we are sure you will find the perfect bread maker for you.